Personal Information Collected By Us
Currently we only receive what users would submit to us via our “Contact Us” Page. Other information we collect is when we speak with you over the phone or when we render Services for you and Create a Service Record. That information may include:
- Your Individual/Business name, address, phone number and email address;
- Credit card information whenever a purchase is made;
- Pest Identification, Infestation Level, Treatment Details, Etc;
This information is collected and used for a number of purposes:
- To establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you and to provide you with products and services. Personal contact and credit card information is required to process your purchases. This information is used only for these purposes and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask you for additional information so that we can serve you better. We may contact you to inquire of your “Customer Satisfaction” level.
- To provide you with information you have requested – which may include Service and/or Payment Record.
- To develop, enhance or provide new products and services. We may from time to time conduct surveys and research, requesting input from our Customers to help us improve our offerings and Service Levels in an effort to serve you better. Your participation in such surveys is voluntary, and in some cases you may have the option to participate anonymously. However, your name, address, email and telephone number may be required to take advantage of bonuses or other benefits which are available to survey participants, in which case your contact information will only be used for notification and fulfillment purposes.
- To manage and administer our business. The nature of the Internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about a user's traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. These are unique Internet "addresses" assigned to all Web users by their Internet Service Providers (ISP). Server logs record statistical information, such as visitors' IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, web pages requested, and identify visitors by categories such as domains and browser types. These statistics are only used on an aggregate basis and will not contain any information that could identify you personally.
- To meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements (such as in response to a court order), and otherwise as permitted or required by law.
If we intend to use personal information for purposes not identified to you or as set out above, these other purposes will be described to you at the time of collection or before using the information. We will not use your information for any other purpose without your consent.
Users also should be aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of our Internet servers or through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small text files containing a unique identification number that identifies your browser - but not you - to our servers each time you visit our web site. Cookies are not pervasive or invasive programs that enter a user's system and damage files. They simply tell us which pages of our web site are visited and by how many visitors. Cookies cannot, by themselves, disclose the individual identity of any site user, and we never combine information gathered by a cookie with personally identifiable information like your name, telephone number or email address, without your consent.
Third Parties' Access to Information
We are not in the business of selling customer information to others. Our customer information is not available for sale to any outside entity. We contract with third parties to fulfill certain functions on our behalf, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing data, preparing and maintaining site content, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These agents have access to customer information only as required in order to help them perform their functions on our behalf, but they are not allowed to use that information for any other purpose and must keep such information confidential.
Customer information is a valuable business asset. If for any reason we transfer or divest ourselves of our business assets, our customer information will be transferred as one of those business assets.
We will release customer information to the appropriate law enforcement, governmental or other authorities if legally required to do so. We will also release such information if we feel it is necessary in order to protect our rights or the rights of our customers, affiliates, partners or any other party and for purposes of protection from fraud and credit risk.
Non-Secure Web Site Areas
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., user name, email address) on non-secure areas of our web site, that information can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of ours.
Employees, agents and affiliates of ours who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job or contractual requirements will have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill such requirements.
Pest Control Toronto
1603-21 Mark Brook Lane
Toronto Canada, M9V 5E4.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concerns, you may wish to contact the Privacy Commissioner via www.privcom.gc.ca or by calling 1-800-267-0441.
Last updated December 15th, 2012